Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Welcome!

Hi there!

Welcome to my blog.  Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web.  

Last year I started to share some of my cards on Flickr to enter challenges, but I found that I wanted to explain a bit more about how I made the cardsy and who or what inspired them.  So I decided it was about time I started a blog.

I've been crafting since I can remember.  I started stamping and making cards again when I got engaged and decided to make all of my wedding stationery.  That was four years ago and I haven't sent a shop-bought greeting card since!

I wanted to share this card for my first blog post.  It's a birthday card for my friend's 6 year old daughter who loves making cards. 

Birthday Fishes

I stamped the mermaid, seahorse and shell from Sweet Stamp Shop Mermaid Shelfie onto watercolour paper and coloured them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens.  I fussy cut them and adhered them to a watercoloured oval, die cut using Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats Ovals.  The oval was then mounted onto a Lawn Fawn notecard.  I added some shimmer with Wink of Stella onto the mermaid's tail.  The sentiment from two Lawn Fawn stamp sets (Birthday Tags and Fintastic Friends) was heat embossed on vellum.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment